Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Best Bite Bought: Cocoa Powder

This is a new weekly blog feature that I'll be writing to point out some of the most delicious and unique foods, snacks, candies and ingredients that are available to buy in almost any city or online.  All of these entries will be based on my humble opinion so don't freak out if you buy something and don't like it.  If you have some kind of food fave that you'd like me to include, just email me or comment me with ideas.
 The first thing I have to post about is the most amazing Cocoa Powder I have ever tried.  First let me tell you that I am a Cocoa Powder fiend.  I put it in yogurt, cottage cheese, coffee as well as sprinkling it on special desserts. I even add it to Nestle Hot Cocoa packets to make them more potent.  My favorite cocoa powder concoction involves 1 container of Fage Greek Yogurt, 1 or 2 tbsp of cocoa powder & 1 tbsp of agave syrup.  This treat is so thick, sweet and it's also low in calories!

So the BEST Cocoa Powder that I bought recently is E. Guittard Cocoa Rouge Cocoa Powder.  I was very pleasantly surprised that this brand doesn't have the typical bitter cocoa powder taste - it almost tastes like regular chocolate.  It's ultra fine, almost airy and it has a deep, red color that looks so pretty on desserts.

It is a little bit more expensive than regular cocoa powder but it's so worth it!  I got mine at Sur La Table, which has a location near my home as well as an online store.  If you are a cocoa powder lover like me, please try this brand of cocoa powder - you'll be a convert, I promise!   

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment